Thursday, June 30, 2011

Tahoe, cont...

Ben already gave his race report for our recent Tahoe trip.  However, there was more to the trip than a cold lake and a crazy husband!  We stayed at the Peppermill in Reno and enjoyed the awesome view our room had.

We were in a corner room with all windows, high enough to see all the Reno lights at night.  Which look much better than this picture. 

I envisioned relaxing during Ben's race, reading my books at a local Starbucks while drinking steamed milk with vanilla and eating their scones... Although after an hour of following my GPS around and not locating the promised Starbucks, I hungrily headed back to the race area. I had wasted precious reading/relaxing time and had almost given up when I found a Waffle Shack. Who knew of such places?! I had a yummy white hot chocolate and a maple and butter waffle served in a little paper plate usually only seen when serving hot dogs.   I settled on a park bench near the finish line and read my book, getting extremely sunburned as you can see in the above picture.

After the race, we went to see Pirates of the Caribbean and then found a previously unknown BBQ joint in Sparks.  Ben was obviously STARVING after the race, so we helped ourselves to a nice big dinner (and I of course couldn't be rude and not eat it all as well!) 



The Peppermill has recently remodeled and added an awesome swimming area.  This pic is not ours, but borrowed from the web.  We swam later that night (I'm sure Ben enjoyed warm water!). 

This was my view while reading earlier that day...can't beat it.


And now this post is done because I don't feel like coming up with some nice way to end it:)

No comments: