Saturday, November 6, 2010

Too Old

It's been coming. He doesn't like me to kiss him goodnight, even when no one else is there to see. Hugs are stiff (well, they have been for a while since that is just his way). When I used to volunteer in his class, he would be excited to see me and let me talk to him.  Well, no more! I was in his class as the art docent yesterday and he wouldn't even acknowledge I was there.  I got a few sly glances.  I tried to mess around with him and tap him on the shoulder a bit. No response, just kept working.  Not even a stop, Mom...just ignoring:)  He got hurt the other day and didn't even want to be comforted, he just said "I'm OK" through teary eyes and a red face and walked away.  Funny thing is, I'm not the slightest bit offended or hurt.  He's 9 and likes to be "cool."  It's sort of amusing to me.  I will probably bug him at home for hugs and kisses, but I am smart enough to leave him alone in public, especially in his class.  And I even controlled myself when explaining what a Boogie Woogie was to his class.  I don't think anyone wants their mom dancing at school:)

1 comment:

Harris Family said...

I cant believe Bailey is 9!!!! that is crazy I still think of him as 5!! I think I will always need a baby to cuddle-- maybe Its just the baby hormones talking to me.