Reading blogs is fun for me as I like to see other people's posts and read about their lives. Who wouldn't? You get to know different things about them. At times, it is a bit creepy as you know all these things without having actually talked to them about it, but it does make for some great follow up conversation! My friend, Jamie(you can read her post by clicking on the blog list link I have as I don't know how to do the link directly in this post!) talked about how on blogs we can sometimes make things look more perfect than they really are and it is time for a good dose of reality to lift up all those other moms around us. Here are a few things that truly make up my day.
1. I too, as many others don't shower until the afternoon. There is no point before I go to the gym and then you get going and forget sometimes.
2. I hate to shower and get ready anyway and if I didn't stink and look terrible I would just wear my workout clothes and sports bra everyday without ever changing, sleep in it, everything...
3. I am not good about having my kids brush their teeth until they can do it themselves. And I never make the older ones floss...
4. Although I go to the gym regularly, there are some days I barely break a sweat and then go sit in the spa.
5. My floors are rarely mopped as almost my entire house has wood floors and it just annoys me to do it.
I could go on, but who wants to be depressed, right? Now I must get moving and hopefully squeeze in a shower!
3 comments:
You are too funny!!!!
ha ha! :) I love reading reality posts. Seriously. It makes us all feel "normal."(or at least makes me feel somewhat normal!) I may just have to follow your lead and try to write more about what life is REALLY like. Because when all is said and done...we ALL can relate.... right? :)
I think that its so true that we just post the good things and we all look perfect. Its nice to hear when people are not "perfect". I think we can all relate!
Post a Comment