Tuesday, June 29, 2010

On to Day 4!

At the PCC, we happened to see a Marriott time share booth.  We both smiled at each other and knew we couldn't pass up the opportunity for more free things!  So we casually walked by and let them talk to us.  We ended up spending Friday at their GORGEOUS resort with tons of "private" lagoons, pools and heated waterfalls.  It included $100 in gift certificates for their restaurants.  Not too shabby.

 I spent the afternoon on their beach, reading
Ben was snorkel man and saw an eel eat something!

Their pool area is super nice as well, but I don't have pictures of that.  There was a waterslide and all the waterfalls were heated.  

On the way back, we decided to "drive" to a secluded beach we read about.  Ben looked up the spot on google maps and decided to go a different way shown than the one we read about.  We had 4 wheel drive which we would need for most of it.  As we started off the main road, it was pretty fun.  However, soon the "road" got more narrow and the steep cliffs on the side next to the dark rocks and the ocean started to look a little scary.  We thought the road would eventually get better after we rounded the point.  It wasn't until we ran into some locals fishing that we learned the road doesn't go all the way around and we would have to turn around!


I got in the back seat as I was already hyperventilating from the ride there and having to turn the Jeep around.  Ben stayed nice and calm, but apparently, he was bit nervous as well.  It was a pretty tight squeeze in some areas, and all you have staring at you are those steep cliffs which would not work out well in our favor if the car slid.  


We are obviously still alive and did not fall off the cliff, but I can tell you it was quite the experience! 

 I am not visible in this picture as I am in the back seat trying to not completely lose my mind!
 Despite the situation, it was a beautiful view!
The Jeep that carried us...We didn't realize until afterward that the 4 wheel drive didn't even work in the car and had been disengaged.  Ben said if he would have known that he wouldn't have even attempted the off road.  

We made it back safe and sound and enjoyed a nice dinner with the remainder of our timeshare gift certificates.  The restaurant had amazing butter with tarragon, garlic and cayenne pepper.  I will be trying to recreate it at home for sure.


No comments: