Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Hawaii Five-O, Day 1

We have 144 pictures so I better get started blogging!  Hawaii was so much fun and we jam packed as much as we could and still ended up being able to relax. 

Monday doesn't count as a day in Hawaii since we were both so tired once we got there!  Tuesday morning, we went to the timeshare presentation that gave us the rental car.  We are serious pros at saying no, but love the free stuff.  Here is the trail of offers:
Napa trip in February, gave us $50 to Macy's plus 4 days in Hawaii
If we booked the free 4 days in Hawaii, they gave us a free rental car if we went to the presentation while there.  We had an extra hotel room right on the beach that was WAY small but had a nice view.  We never stayed in it, but enjoyed the rental car!

The rental car company gave us a nice deal to upgrade to a Jeep with a removable hard top.  It was an amazing way to enjoy the island (we drove that car almost 400 miles in our week and were all over the entire island!)

Perfect weather

We had a kitchen in our real room so we headed to Walmart to get some snacks.  I was sad that I couldn't bring my large coupon book, but they did have these right next to the chips.  Of course, we peeled one off and used it.  I made Ben take a picture of me with my lone coupon.  I must say, ouch! to the price of food there...


Pearl Harbor was our next stop.  There were no more tickets left to see the memorial, so we did the tour of the USS Missouri instead.  It was worth it.  Our tour guide was really fun and told some wonderful stories about the battleship.  It was a great experience, especially as I have really gotten into history lately.





 The spot where the Japanese signed to surrender
 I took a picture of this quote because I really loved it.  There were so many interesting stories about events on the Missouri.  I wish I could remember them all in detail, but my brain doesn't work like that. 

Next stop was the air museum...not as exciting and their garlic fries gave me a stomach ache.  That's about all I got from there:)



 The plane behind me was flown by President Bush #1 

Day one was a success! 

No comments: