To meet the young man who has caused a young girl to pack up and move across the Pacific. While we were there, we had some fun at the Polynesian Cultural Center:)
Once the activities and presentations got going, we had a lot of fun there. We learned to play the Ukulele (and were told to say it ooo-ku-lay-lee), watched all of the different cultures dance, and I even got a tattoo...
:)
Ben learned how to dance like a Tahitian and throw a spear
At the Luau that evening. I LOVED the purple rolls but didn't touch the Poi.
This is a yummy drink of Pina Colada smoothie in a hollowed out pineapple. If you can see the nice woman in the background, she bought this for us. We ended up talking to her and her husband during the dinner and she surprised us with one of these which are her favorite.
The show was SO GOOD! I wish I could have gotten better pictures to do it justice. We had seats right down in front (thanks to Jess' friend who works at the PCC who got us super discounted tickets!)
The true reason for our trip to the PCC, to meet the nervous looking young man in the polo shirt. His name is Chris. He goes to BYU, Hawaii. He cast a love spell over our friend Jess and she packed up and moved here after she graduated, leaving behind her sad family here in CA. They haven't met him yet, so we tested him out for them as we were headed to Hawaii anyway. He is from Tennessee and doesn't know it yet but will be proposing to Jess soon and moving back to CA after he graduates:) Although it doesn't count for much, we happened to like him. Hopefully Jess' dad will behave when he meets him in a few months!
I've known her since she was 11(?) When did she get so grown up?!
This picture was from that morning, but the restaurant can not go without a mention! Moose McGuilicuty's has the best breakfast ever, hands down. We went there since I had found a coupon for it (pictured above), but we were nicely surprised with the food. I had Hawaiin french toast with coconut syrup, Ben the breakfast burrito. We wish we could have gone there every morning for breakfast, but the scale thanks me for not.














1 comment:
guilty on allll counts of moving across the pacific for a boy :] glad i got to visit with you guys!!
Post a Comment