Friday, January 22, 2010

Yippeeee, Week 3!

This week in the life of Oram House: Project Bar hasn't been that bad:)  I noticed I usually post the week countdowns on a Thursday.  Really, the week doesn't end until Saturday for poor Ben.  I am just used to Thursday being the "end" of the week and it's a habit.  How law school spoiled us!

Do you think studying has made him more or less sane?  :)


This is my don't take my picture right now look. 


Ben was trying to get a picture of him eating with his eyes crossed.  It's pretty funny, but he wouldn't do it once we started snapping pics.


Yes, he has food on his face...I think this was brownie.  Bailey is my calm amidst the storm (a.k.a. Emma, Nathan, Kate and Addison)


We normally do teach our children table manners. 


Um, or not...

A nice adventure story from our week should sum up the days pretty well:
I thought (oh how thinking is so often fatal!) that Kate and Addison would be just fine crawling around the house after dinner while I did baths and showers with the other three.  While washing Emma's hair and my hands were covered in shampoo, Kate decided she was missing out...


So in she crawled, right between my legs, shirt, diaper and all.

Of course, Addison followed right behind.


The problem is, Addison HATES the water.  So she started crying after realizing what she had followed Kate into.  She only stopped crying for the picture.

So then I had to pull a crying baby out of the shower and try to get her undressed and then re-dressed in pajamas.  Kate then cried when I tried to take her out because she LOVES the water. 

I do feel like quite the hermit, and I actually kind of like it.  I get up, drop off kids at school, exercise, come home for lunch, naps for little 3, pick up from school, dinner, homework for big 2, bed for 5.  My first week of school was this week.  Lucky me, I start back with a class called Intercultural Communication. I've taken this class forwards and backwards at Sac State, but that's OK.  Because who couldn't use a little more cultural diversity in their life(heavy sarcasm intended).   If Sac State taught me anything, it was how to convince your professors that you think their way of thinking is the best and only way out there.  I think my writing in this class could also count as fiction:)
 
 

2 comments:

oneHeidifamily said...

Kaci,
your blog entries really do strike me as funny most times, and this one was no exception. I loved the shot of Nathan eating, as well as your caption underneath it. Plus, I would say that studying for the bar is making Ben less sane...at least from the shot of him here(hee hee)! And, the shots of the twins in the tub are so funny. Good luck with everything going on---in both yours and Ben's lives! And take care!

Cadle Clan said...

so funny! my twins crawl in the shower too,....and never feel bad about being a hermit.....i'm right there with you some days :)