Here is what we have been doing this week:
Kids are back in school. And this not so little man is on the edge of being at grade level for math! His teacher gave me the news today. She said she refrained from hugging him and crying so as not to embarrass him:) She had to hold back the tears at the beginning of the school year as well when he jumped up three levels in reading over the summer. For those who know Bailey's history, this is amazing. He has caught up in reading and now, almost in math. Math has always been extra hard for Bailey and he has worked so hard. This picture is of him doing his math computer game.
Nathan cleaning up the living room for me. Yes, we have entered the Realm.... Although we have to deal with the terrible whiney three's, we also get to see the little boy emerging. He now can say his own prayers, clean up his room, etc... Now if we can just get the potty thing down!
It's 5:30 do you know where your twins are?
Almost ready to go to sleep! I was reading my fellow twinner mom, Melanie's blog and saw that HER twins go to bed at 5:30! Not to copy, but it really just made more sense than giving them that second late afternoon nap. We have been trying and it works pretty well. Right after dinner, they get in jammies (maybe a bath too!) and get into their cribs while we get clothes ready for the next day and Emma picks up her room. I really need them to only take one nap a day for our schedule, so we are just pushing them that direction!
Emma: Her picture is missing because I wasn't taking a picture of a little girl in a towel. You see, Emma has this disease....she cannot get ready/do much of anything that involves clothing quickly. I can get her up first in the morning and she will be the last one to get in the car. I can get her through the shower first and she will be the last one in pjs. It is just Emma and we have learned to give a little "Hurry Up, Emma" shout every five minutes. 9 times out of ten she needs it:)
I am enjoying my last week before my school starts....sigh....no really, I want to go back (translation: Ben is making me) I am a little excited because I have so few credits left and I don't have to go back to the crazy bin at Sac State (a.k.a the Social Work department). But I got my textbook today and stared at all those words...words that are complex and want me to make meaning out of them. I was just getting good at figuring out Bailey's homework! Next week's update may sound slightly more intelligent, though, as my brain begins to spin in a different direction:)



2 comments:
School?! What are you finishing in.. majoring in? Good thing you have a hubby looking after you cause once all is said and done I bet you will be so proud and happy to be finished!
I had no idea about Baily and school... so way to go bud!!! Hope you guys are all doing well!
Meredith
5:30 is the best bedtime...we love it! way to go.....
Post a Comment