Sunday, September 27, 2015

Because I don't even know.

 This happened way too long ago, of course! In all my years of having kids go through the Red Room, I have never been on the Bernhard Museum field trip. Maybe because I had younger kids, maybe because I didn't have a THING to wear, or maybe because it totally did not sound appealing. This year, (Nathan's 2nd grade year) I went for it. I borrowed my friend's costume and baked biscuits in an outdoor kitchen. Boy am I glad that I do not have to do that every day. Grinding wheat, churning butter...not my thing. At all. I do always like to be with my kid's on field trips. They gush over the fact that I am there, and when most days you feel like a maid, cook and chauffeur, this is a pretty nice feeling.
 Nathan and Eliana- the infamous not my girlfriend. It's been this way for years.
Nathan and his class, posing as little pioneer children.

 For one of Bailey's scout projects, we put together a pool as a family.
 I wouldn't say that the entire family did a lot of work, but we did manage to complete the project. Anytime something includes a set of crazy 6 year old twins, it's always a gamble.
The kids love the pool, and so do lots of neighborhood kids. It's only slightly ghetto to have a dirt backyard with an above ground pool. 

 I was called as our ward's Laurel Adviser right when we moved into our new ward. The Young Women president and I became instant friends. It's like we were separated at birth:)
The annual Mother's Day Tea for the Red Room
Nathan made the place mat and my hat
 He was so proud of his creation. After our muffins and water, we all went onto the dance floor to line dance to Achy Breaky Heart. Yup! Billy Ray Cyrus has made his way into the hearts of the Red Room. I don't think I've danced to that since I was in high school. I don't really recommend doing it now.
 Our Saturday Mother's Day bike ride. We took the kids on an eight mile ride around the American River trail. 
 Later, we went to Studio Movie Grill to watch Home. This is our new favorite place.


Kate and Addison's creations for Mother's Day.They both think I am as funny as Ben and like me almost as much as their friends. My favorite might be the biker comment. I'm not sure what type of biker they mean, and if it is a motorcycle rider- why do they think this is so cool?!

So, Facebook quizes are probably the most random and strange things ever. But there are those of us that still do them when sitting in the pick up line at school for 20 minutes because traffic is so backed up and you really want to know which Star Wars character you would be, right? Well, I took the How Many Kids Should You Have quiz and this was Facebook's response:

I've done harder? I guess I have. I've done lots of hard things, but 12 kids?!!!! Although I have always said once you get past three, anything else isn't much different.


No comments: