Over the summer, we would have girls in and out of our house. One day, they decided to put Emma's sewing machine to good use and finally make her curtains. They also made stuffed animal accessories. They are such a cute group of girls!
A few times over the summer, when Emma would really want Abby to stay for dinner, she would volunteer to do the cooking. Who can say no to that? Emma loves to cook, and even though she has some attempts that don't turn out well, I'm glad to see she enjoys it.
We have put together a Girl's group for all the 5th (now 6th) grade girls in our ward. The moms take turns hosting activities for them to do. For my turn, I made a mall scavenger hunt.
Claire's had a pack of five BFF bracelets. They mailed one of them to Summer, who was away on vacation.
Hamming it up for the camera.
Their picture with the missing "Summer"
Probably the funniest thing about the day was to listen to their conversations. They are in this in between stage of kid and teen, so the conversation bounces back and forth from the trying to be mature to "we must be five year olds." For some reason, George Clooney came into the conversation. I guess if he is still attractive even at his age to be commented on by 11 year old girls, he has something going for him. They also really hate overalls. Although I didn't know those were a thing again.
Skipping around chronologically, I had to include the picture of Emma and Kirby. They have been friends for years at MMCA. They both decided to go to Rocklin Academy this year for 6th grade. (Well, we as parents decided, but they wanted to)
Kirby didn't end up staying at Rocklin Academy since they moved too far away, but I hope these two can stay in touch. I really appreciate Kirby and her parents and all the times we have been able to rely on each other for help over the years.










No comments:
Post a Comment