Sunday, September 27, 2015

Teacher Kaci

Somehow this happened. I was thinking about how I might like to start substitute teaching one day. I started researching a little, but didn't do much about it. I saw my friend, Marie, after school one day and asked her how she went about becoming a substitute teacher. Before I really knew what was happening, I had a job that same day with Rocklin Academy. I planned on starting the next school year but they had two jobs for me before summer even started. I always used to say how I didn't like other people's children very much and probably wouldn't like to be a teacher, even though that is what my degree was in. I have to say that once I started doing it, I really do enjoy it. The money isn't bad either :)

Tales from Substitute Teaching:

In one classroom I was in for half a day, one of the kids had special needs. He brought in his own snacks to keep in a drawer that he was allowed to access all day long. Since I was only planning on being there a half day, I didn't pack myself a lunch. I also forgot a snack. I took the kids out to recess and came back to the classroom and the bin of snacks was staring at me! He wouldn't miss just on, right? Well, if he did, I wouldn't know because I would be long gone. So, I grabbed a pack of extreme cheese goldfish and tried to eat them as fast as I could.  I thought I was in the clear until I accidentally spilled the crumbs under the teacher's desk. Thankfully, no one saw me frantically sweeping the crumbs away over to the rightful owner of the snack's desk. He had a bunch of crumbs under there anyway...
I made it in time to pick up the kids from recess and no one was the wiser. But I am now officially a terrible person.

No comments: