Friday, September 6, 2013

Phase 2

I am not sure how many phases on child rearing there are. But I have most definitely moved into a new one. All of my children are in school. Not even half days, but full day, minimum 9-2 I have no little ones to chase after. Still not sure how I feel about this. It's been a whirlwind for sure. It is probably obvious that I am blogging about the first day of school weeks after it actually happened.



 These two were the first to go, a full week before the others. They have been waiting for this day all summer and we were very fortunate that they got in. 

Maddie, Addison, Lauren, Kate
 
Since birth, Melanie and I have been "forcing" these girls to all be friends. What's cuter than two sets of twins only 2 months apart being friends?
Pictured here is their very first photo op and their photo together on the first day of school. 



The girls LOVE school and are doing really well. It will make Kindergarten next year so much easier for them, because they can call this Transitional Kinder all they want but it's Kindergarten:)

This guy was next.  A new school, yikes! Bailey started at Western Sierra Collegiate Academy for 7th grade. This means changing classes, lockers, and all that good stuff. The first week was tough for him. I don't even think I can really write how I was feeling that week. It's so hard when you can't do anything to help them adjust and figure things out. Tears were shed (although maybe more from me at night while trying to sleep). But he is working through it and has really progressed so much faster than he ever used to. He joined cross country and is excited for the season. 

First and Fourth Grade

This was the easiest send off! Nathan has the same teachers and Emma has Bailey's previous ones. Nathan still loves going to school and hates weekends when he can't be there. Emma is social as ever and is really doing well with the new pile of work that comes with 4th grade.

This was taken the day everyone was all in school for the first time. Now, it was sort of a teaser as Emma and Nathan had half days all week. It took a few weeks to really have everything start to be normal. We have a nice little routine every day. I am getting better about packing lunches the night before. Getting all of them ready to walk out the door in the morning is quite interesting sometimes. Especially since I have to look normal too. Kate and Addison's school isn't a drop off, but a walk up to the class room. I can't be in my pjs for that...although some days I might be close. 
People keep asking me how it is with everyone in school, but I don't know if I can answer that yet. My head is still reeling from trying to get every calendar item programmed in my phone!


No comments: