A few weeks ago, Emma had a nasty fall during Girl's on the Run practice. They were all running in a group and she was near the front. A girl behind her tripped, causing Emma to fall on the gravel and get pretty trampled. She had a huge bump on her head and was very badly scraped up. These pictures are courtesy of her coach while she waited for me to come pick her up.
Emma hobbled home and I took her to the doctor the next morning just to get checked out. She had been complaining about her wrist and had trouble moving her arm.
The doctor sent her down for an xray, and then came in to give us the bad news- Emma's elbow was broken. I was shocked, especially at how the doctor described the severity of the break. She put Emma in a splint with an appointment to see the ortho on Monday to get a cast.
The poor girl was in this all weekend. Her fingers got blisters from the splint and she had trouble sleeping. To our even bigger surprise the ortho came in, took one look at the xray and declared she had nothing wrong with her! I don't think I could even wrap my head around it before he was gone and out of the room. Apparently the pediatrician had read the xray incorrectly, and even after getting the negative report of a broken bone from radiology never bothered to contact us.
We switched doctors a few days later:)

No comments:
Post a Comment