For a long time now, Nathan has had issues with his bowels. It's been fun let me tell ya'. After finally convincing a doctor he had something wrong, he has to be on a stool softener every day to prevent constipation issues. The doctor also insisted we go to a therapist specializing in, well...poop and kids who can't do it all that well. I don't know how he puts that on his business cards. So we went...begrudgingly I went...
The doctor makes up this character called Sneaky Poo who Nathan has to fight against. Nathan's job is to not let him win and end up in his pants, because Sneaky Poo hates to be in the toilet (seriously...)
The doctor kept asking Nathan how he was going to beat Sneaky Poo and Nathan, being Nathan had many ideas:
-kick him in the head
-throw my shoe at him
-punch him in the face
-make a dragon breath fire on him and kill him
-have Superman come and distract Sneaky Poo so that the dragon could breathe fire on him
The therapist kept trying to get Nathan to make a connection to the toilet, and it didn't seem to be working (in my opinion). But lo and behold the last few days Nathan has been drawing pictures about Sneaky Poo and telling me he wasn't going to let him win! (as he sits on the toilet)
Unfortunately, there is a good chance all of Nathan's journal entries at school will involve stories about a large piece of crafty poop. Fortunately, this might actually be working. Although I don't quite buy it yet because really?! a story about evil poop makes him not be constipated...yeah not so sure. But I'll take it for now.
And you are all welcome this post has no pictures.
Parting joke:
Therapist: Oh, you are really going to get that Sneaky Poo, Nathan!
Nathan: I'm gonna make him cry.
Therapist: Really? What color are his tears?
Nathan: Brown.
(You are welcome.)
1 comment:
I've told you before we've struggled with the same issues and I could never get a doctor to acknowlege it. I did find a website that has a monthly newsletter and fb group and everything that has been kind of interesting. Do a search for U Can Poop too or something similar to that. Anyway, for us, I finally feel like at 12 he is getting the hang of it himself, not completely but most of the time, it's great if you can get Nathan to get the hang of it earlier.
Post a Comment