Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Lots o'Meat and some Christmas Cheer

This year (and most years) the Elder's Quorum Presidency and the Relief Society Presidency are in charge of the Christmas party for the ward. This, by default, means I play a part in the preparations. I had suggested we have some good food this year, instead of the standard ham and potatoes. I'm sure that is great and all for some, but variety is nice. One day, Ben and I mulled over the idea of having a Mexican theme just so we could eat sweet pork at the party. The RS President I and like to frequent Costa Vida for sweet pork, so she eagerly agreed to have Feliz Navidad as the theme. I volunteered to prepare all of the meat which meant cooking for 170 people.

Although, I am a rather smart person, sometimes I can do math incorrectly. When doing the conversion for how much to make, I somehow only accounted for 70 people, not 170. So after spending Monday-Friday prepping and cooking 30 pounds of meat, I realized Friday afternoon about 1:30 that I had miscalculated. So, that night I was back at Costco and some other store to prepare another 50 pounds...

The party turned out really well and there were a ton of compliments on the food.

 We invited our across the street neighbors, Chris and Kim and their twin girls Kennedy and Kerrington.
 The kids got to decorate bags to hold the candy from the pinata.







 Diving for the loot!

 Then they all got to go in and meet Santa and Mrs. Clause
 Little K and K loved it
 Nathan also loved Santa.
Addison thought Santa was great

Kate wouldn't go near him....



No comments: