Oh well. After over 500 blog posts since I was pregnant with the twins, I don't know how many more new and creative titles I can come up with. I am very happy to have gotten my most recently printed blog book in the mail the other day. It makes me feel like I am doing my part for preserving our family history. The kids already love looking in them now, I know they are going to have a lot more fun later.
That all being said, I am now playing catchup with pictures and our recent events.
This was taken while she fell asleep on me one morning at 9 a.m. Kate had put herself to bed about a half hour previous(after biting Nathan-love self punishment). When I saw Kate napping, I immediately asked Addison if she wanted to lay down with me on the couch. If they were this tired so early in the morning, it was really all about sanity for the day(and um, not because I got to watch the previous night's episode of The Voice....). Laying on the couch and watching t.v at 9 a.m. is unheard of so of course it must be documented!
I feel like the twins and I have these daily adventures in a secret world from the other three. Here we are at Target
Here we are again eating pizza and ice cream at 10 a.m. shopping for groceries. Man, all we do is eat shop for groceries!
Killing time while we waited for Nathan to get out of school. I'm a little nervous once they are in Kindergarten I will be making collages of myself waiting...if anyone sees this please stop me.
I won a gift basket at the gym for a haircut and color. I gave her free reign, but said don't cut it short. I've been really good about growing my hair out. It's past the point of awkward and I am actually enjoying it. I haven't even had the urge in a long time to chop it off. Maybe I will be Crystal Gayle soon. If you don't know who that is (and my children really won't), then here you go, just so the joke makes sense
And if it actually this long I will take a picture of myself just like this...or not...
On to Thanksgiving. The last few years we have run a 5K on Tday morning with family. This year my ankle was shot, and it gets a bit expensive. We opted for a 12 mile bike ride instead. The kids loved it!
Mr. Speed Demon himself. He HAD to be the fastest and beat everyone.
This was my cargo. After the ride, my ankle was killing me so maybe this wasn't the best decision made, but the twins would live in this bike trailer if they could. Who wouldn't want to be pulled around while you lounge with a shaded cover.
We didn't realize until we got there her helmet was too small. We told her if she falls, lean to the left.
Grandma and Boppa getting ready to go
Uncle Curtis and other crew
I think he was mid trying to do angry face:)
We ate lunch at Haggin park before heading back. Our giant party got some smiles and nods on the bike trail. There were more kids than adults, so maybe they were just being sympathetic.
Thanksgiving isn't complete without Apple Hill. Well, that isn't true. All I need is a caramel apple.
The sun was a bit blinding. But it was a beautiful day.
Apple doughnuts...the reason the kids like Apple Hill
We also ran into the Morgans again this year. Nathan and Madelyn were so excited to see each other.
Bailey actually got his Arrow of light and started Boy Scouts a while ago, but they didn't have the bridge to do the official ceremony. He finally got his new neckerchief and was welcomed a few weeks ago.
He has been working super hard in school lately. This picture was one Sunday he got in the car and was downright giggly. If you know Bailey, this is rare, as he is more my even tempered child. He's usually just right in the middle. I wanted to document his outward display of pure excitement:)
Nathan writes all day long, or draws. He loves to tell everyone about his "crush" Eliana. He made this for her before school.
Emma and her friend Isabelle before they sang with their class at the school Christmas sing along. I think they called it "Holiday" sing along but I have no reason to be PC on my blog:)
Emma loves performing so this was the highlight of her week.
At this show, my mom and I showed up in the same shoes.
We just had the weekend getaway for Ben's work in Napa. This is the White Elephant gift I made.
At the Friday night dinner. Our room was beautiful and the weather was gorgeous. We found a great pizza place in Napa to eat at Saturday. The food they give us at the dinners all weekend while very nice, is just not our cup of tea. I guess especially since we don't even drink teas:) That is really how much we would rather have a good pizza. When Ben makes partner and I have to plan this whole weekend everyone just might get Round Table.




























No comments:
Post a Comment