Sunday, January 8, 2012

Finishing out 2011

Who knows why I am so unbloggy lately? It really is just easier to post photos to Facebook, but Facebook won't be a book showing our life so I am in need of some serious catchup. I am not a New Year's resolution kind of person (I make them all the time throughout the year) but maybe I should make one to have more blog/journal entries. So, here is another recap in pictures:

 We had a multi-birthday party with Emma, Leena, Kate and Addison (and Aunt Laurie!) I had the bright idea after much Pinterest looking to make a balloon game. You stuff candy in balloons and tape them to a box or board. The kids are supposed to be blindfolded and pop a balloon to get candy. Indoor no swinging pinata~
 Well, almost all the kids were terrified of the popping noise so that ended up being not the best idea. We eventually got them all popped and they did enjoy the candy.









 Everyone waiting for birthday cake


 Nana gave Emma a birthday card that sang to her personally. She is opening it to get some extra singing time.
 The twins got individual cupcakes, as well as Emma. Leena and Laurie had a Hello Kitty cake and Turtle cake.

 Nathan and Johanna have been serious buds lately
My only picture at Christmas. Yup, I sure rock this year...sigh
Christmas was fun and crazy and busy. We had a Christmas Eve brunch here at our house with my mom and company, Christmas church at our old ward, Christmas dinner at my dad's house. All that and I got no pictures. 
Christmas Eve night was supposed to be a fun night of going out to dinner and then looking at lights and then comig home to watch Polar Express and drink hot chocolate. Well, Ben was not feeling well at all so instead we opted for Red Robin take out and hot chocolate at home. Polar Express just happened earlier than usual and everyone was in bed right after. But it was actually more fun than an evening out in the cold so no complaints here.
 Nathan got this hat for Christmas. He wore it for days even up until bedtime. He loves his angry birds. We were at Wacky Tacky when I took this. I got an amazing deal a while back for passes there and we went twice during Christmas break.
 We also enjoyed a trip to IKEA with Uncle Curtis to have lunch with my mom. All the kids (well now minus Bailey because he is too tall) go into their childcare. Curtis and I were good and didn't come home with any big purchases, but we realized we are not a good combo at IKEA for trying not to buy things.
For Christmas, I got a Cricut! Here is my first vinyl project with it. Ben had this idea for our new address sign on the garage. He took old boards from the backyard and put them together. We picked out these tiles at Home Depot and I cut out the address with my cricut. I have another project in the works as well I am excited to do. 
We are working hard on the house and painting away. Those pictures will come later once we are all done and I can post before and after pictures. 

I also realized the twins started Sunbeams and I took not one picture! So I will do that next week and then create a nice little post I might backdate:)

No comments: