Sunday, October 30, 2011

Breaking Ground

I really wanted to make sure I get our yard transformation documented. With a talented husband who knows a lot about plants and all other things yardish, we are transforming our poor neglected for three years landscaping.


My Crew...These two boys worked up a sweat on the yard. Bailey is such an awesome worker and is really helpful to have. On our first Saturday working on the yard, we actually worked on a service project with our ward from 8:30-12. Then, we came home and got to work on our own stuff. So, these two guys were tuckered out at the end of the day. I worked too, but had a lot of kid duty in the morning. I've never really worked in a yard before so I was mostly just following directions. I didn't get a picture of myself but I was plenty dirty and smelly too.




We moved these giant flagstones out from the front of the house. They were beasts!

 Front Yard
 Upper section of front yard. Rocks removed.


These are the before shots of the front yard. We moved the rock border and sprayed Round Up on all the grass. There was no real saving it. We did try to start pulling out the weeds only at first but soon realized that would only leave us with dirt patches. So the sod will be coming soon!
 
Fast forward to yesterday...The fallen tree. Well, not fallen but taken out. Why anyone has a tree in the front where the roots start to come up and ruin the grass makes no sense. We decided we want a section of easily mow-able grass with no interference. 


 Digging out the tree and all of the grass.
 Side area by driveway. We are reusing the flagstone.
 Even with it all dug up it looks better than before.
The neighbors were all coming by so excited about our work. We are the only house on the street that is not beautifully landscaped and taken care of. I'm sure it is nice to have someone in the house that cares. I'm really excited to see how it all comes together. 




1 comment:

Cadle Clan said...

Looks like "fun"! I'm sure it will be gorgeous when it's done :)