Monday, July 13, 2009

Chronicles of the Last few Days

It came!  The horrible nasty flu from our friends down the street...So far only Nathan got it, but it is ick-y!  Kate and Addison have fevers and are stuffy, but no crazy puking.  Even when those two are sick, they are still good babies.  Here is a picture of how Kate fell asleep today while playing on the floor...

 
I had no idea how she got a hold of that towel.  
BAKUGAN!  Is the in thing in our house.  Even Daddy joined in and bought some that are "his." Really, this was just his way of letting Nathan and Emma have some to play with since they haven't done chores to earn money like Bailey.  With Bailey's birthday, he has also gotten some as well.  What a nice Dad:)  He does join in on the fun....

 
It's the Oram Bakugan Brawl.  They all play, it's so cute.
Potty.
Well, we have made the jump.  Although I fear writing it down that it will not keep happening.  But for the last three weeks Nathan will go on his potty as long as he is completely naked.  This makes it difficult to go anywhere and the sight of him getting on and off the trampoline is not pretty.  But when he is naked, he doesn't have accidents.  Well, after his flu I thought, OH great!  Back to square one.  But, today he did so well in underwear.  It is the next step to being fully clothed.  We had only the partial accidents where he still can make it to the toilet.  Hopefully soon he will be able to wear clothes:)  Although it has cut down on laundry!
 
I know I posted the video earlier, but I though this pic of Kate was so funny.  It looks like she's doing a jig.  The girls still love, love these seats.  And if you notice, they too are not dressed.   No, we are not potty training, but during the summer when we are not going anywhere anyway, well...no reason to get them dressed right?  Like I said, major laundry saver!
I think only five weeks until school starts again!  I am actually not looking forward to it yet.  The kids are for the most part really enjoying each other, and I don't have to get up early in the morning.  It is now officially five months until law school is over. I think at times we feel like that train in Dumbo.  You know at the beginning of the movie when the train is carrying all the circus animals and is slowly saying "I think I can, I think I can" (In this raspy voice).  Then as he gets over the hill, his voice picks up speed and he says "I thought I could, I thought I could"  Then it starts to go into the happy little music?  Well, you get the point...  We are on the hill, huffing and puffing about ready to get to the other side (just in time for the next hill, haha!)

3 comments:

THE TAYLORS said...

Hey, I'm with Nathan. Everything is just better naked :)

Stinky about the flu thing... hope you guys get rid of it soon. It only takes one person to be sick for everyone to feel the effects, and obviously catch it!
Get well soon guys!

Eric, Vayana, Bryant and Jordan said...

I'm doing good. I just thought about how we use to email all the time with Kelly about young women stuff...I just thought that was funny now we're back in touch through the web once again. We're still looking for a house it drives me nuts! Eric is still selling home, auto and life insurance. How about you guys, is the still hanging around? Sorry to hear that.

Cadle Clan said...

I'm glad everyone is feeling better....Courtney is still doing ok with potty training- no real accidents except for pooping- she only pooped once in the potty- oh well...baby steps, right?