The month of February was no radio month in our house. I spend a lot of time in the car, and thought we should take a break from the noise that is constant music. We did listen to Church songs or at times some Disney songs. Emma would sometimes play ukelele for us, or she would sit quietly and knit.
She's my super domestic girl. She loves to help in the kitchen and I am (slowly) getting better about letting her. Here she was learning to make trifle. Ben has it every year on his birthday and I thought it would be a good thing for her to learn to make. She tries so hard to make things, and had a terrible time with pancakes one day. She thought the margarine used for greasing the pan went into the batter and then couldn't figure out why the texture was so weird.
I find myself ordering a lot of things online. It's easier and often times cheaper...plus I don't have to DRIVE anywhere. (If there was a theme for this school year, it would be I.AM.ALWAYS.IN.THE.CAR) So I have toilet paper directly shipped to my house courtesy of subscribe and save on Amazon. Some think this is odd; I find it convenient. The only issue is that they won't leave my toilet paper on the porch. It's not Amazon policy, but left up to UPS to decide the safety conditions of the neighborhood and the possible theft of delivery. We all know Lincoln, CA is high in toilet paper crimes. Although, apparently not in electronics because they left my kindles on the front porch no problem when I ordered for Christmas...hmmmmm
Do you ever buy your brother's favorite bread and then text him a picture of you eating it? I totally do. But then again I am the weird one who buys TP online.
The twins are fortunate (in Emma's eyes) to not have to wear uniforms in TK. I'm all for expressing yourself through your outfit choices, but most days I don't know what Kate is trying to say. My sister found this on Pinterest and I think I finally understand my girl's brains!
This guy saved me from dressing like a crazy homeless princess:) We had our 14th anniversary this year. Next year is 15! Which of course means a big trip, right?!
Levi Aten's baby blessing. I was able to hold him most of Sacrament meeting. He looked like a lump on a log the whole time. Thank goodness for friends who have babies so I can get a good fix now and then.
So we got this dog....
The kids adore him
He loves them.
I'm still so not a dog person, but I do love to see how excited they get with him. He has his moments of crazy, but he's a good one. Even when we have to plan our entire backyard landscaping around him because he likes to eat plants...well certain types of plants. The others he just pees on. Addison loves to tell him how much she loves him every day and always says "I hope we keep you until you die!" Morbid I know, but with our dog track record it's not an unusual statement.
He can often be found at my feet just like this. He poops a lot too. Wish they could design a dog who doesn't do that quite so much.
Bailey finished his first track season.
Long jump
Hanging out with his team
He has decided that he's a better distance runner, but he likes to train year round and track lets him do that. We had the awards ceremony last night and he received the Wolf Award for best work ethic on the team. He also was given the Energizer award because he never stops. His coaches have expressed to me how they are amazed at how he keeps going without complaint.
This school year, Kate mastered the monkey bars. She has her older brother's drive, and practiced until her hands were blistered. Addison was able to do it very early in the school year, which really ticked Kate off. I don't think she did anything else until she learned to do this and it took almost the entire year. She was so proud of herself the first time she made it all the way across.
In March, Emma, Nana and I all got to go together to the first Women's General Conference. Usually, they have one for 12 and up, and then another later in the year for 18 and up. But this year, it was 8 and up! So we got to all go together which was especially nice since Nana now lives in Arizona... :(
I think we might have finally found the answer to Nathan's intestinal issues. We were referred to a Neurological chiropractor who specializes in things like that. It's been a few months of re training Nathan's brain to tell himself when to go, etc... We've had some ups and down with it, but for the most part, he seems to be improving. Alternative medicine can be such a gamble, especially when insurance doesn't cover it! I was ready to try to track down Harry Potter to do some sort of poop spell so I'll take this any day.
The park by our house was finished earlier this year. The kids love having it close by.
In other non running Bailey news, here is his name on the big wall of scholastic achievement at his school. I've been working in the snack bar there once a week and am glad I've gotten to be on campus and get to know how things work.
Kate and Addison dressing up at school. Their teacher is truly an amazing woman. I'd have a breakdown working with all those five year olds!
This was from a day we took off school. It's only TK, so sometimes (only every once in a while, promise!) keep the twins home from school. It's one less place to drive that day:)
In the car! The girls love to take pictures.
They also love to text pictures to Ben at work.
I look way tired in this picture....
Ben took a day off and was a WATCH DOG at the kid's school. They had been counting down the days. Ben calls the program a way to get dads in the school because they are too dumb to realize they need to be there anyway... But he went and wore the shirt, and patrolled campus. Just like the good old days in prison!
Easter 2014. They keep growing and all that crazy stuff.
That week after learning a lot about the Resurrection, Kate and Addison decided to turn it into a game. They would have their dolls die and then be resurrected. Kate even tried to throw her doll out the window, telling me that it was OK if she died because she will be resurrected. I guess she sort of gets the point:)
I did Tough Mudder with some friends this year.
Two were nursing babies! Talk about your Tough Muther (which was our team name)
Before and after shot
I went to lunch like this only because I was too tired to get it all off my face.
The hills were BRUTAL. And that's all I have to say about that...
More mud from the back yard!
We've been moving along on our backyard. Slowly but surely. It should be done in the next month!
The Story of the Missing Pants by Kaci Oram
It was a typical Monday. Everyone needed to be up no later than 6:30 a.m. which means cranky children and a distracted mom. Apparently I was so distracted that I didn't realize Addison never put on pants with her shirt like I had asked her to. I didn't realize until she went to get out of the car and I saw nothing but pink flower undies, legs and sparkly cowboy boots. For a second, I thought I could just drive away and pretend I hadn't seen it. Monday drop offs are tight on time. But, I had to be responsible or some nonsense like that. The twins go to school in Auburn, we live in Lincoln and the other kids needed to be in Rocklin in 25 minutes. I swallowed any ounce of pride I might have and took Addison to the front office, hoping they would have a pair of pants. They found the story quite amusing, and (hopefully) stopped thinking I was a crazy mom when I explained I had five kids. There is something about telling people you have that many kids that lets a lot of things you do slide. Addison got a pair of shorts, everyone was at school on time, and I have a great story.
And the next day I double triple checked these were jeans and she didn't just paint her legs blue.
In Pleasant Hill at Paul and David's missionary homecoming.
Kate and her smile
I bought sponge curlers and Emma loved them.
We haven't done them since that first time, but she does look cute. I'll have to do it more as her hair is growing out to give it some shape.
Nathan finishing a puzzle. My kids have this thing about draping themselves over the dining room table. It's strange and I don't know why they do it.
We took a mini vacation to Wally's Hot Springs. We were supposed to go play in the snow, but there was not enough. This is the one year, I had snow clothes for everyone! It was a beautiful day for a hike in Tahoe though.
"Playing" in the snow
Ben and his trusty pack
They were hiking along side the side of a mountain. I am super proud of how well they did.
About a month before, Bailey and I did get to go to the snow with the youth from Church.
We had a great time and it was perfect for a snow day.
There isn't a better way to end this super long post than with some selfies from Emma.
Happy school is almost over month!!!!

























































No comments:
Post a Comment