Our yard is slowly coming along, with the new grass put in quite a few months ago. Just having this to look out at instead of all dirt is so much better. We are still working on what is going to happen in the backyard.
I got to go see Maroon Five and Kelly Clarkson in concert with these two lovely ladies. I hadn't been to a concert in a very long time, and probably won't go again for a very long time :) We sat on the grass area at the amphitheater in Wheatland. I always love people watching and this concert provided a few laughs (although that probably wasn't what those particular people thought they were providing).
Since all the kids have been at school, I able to go to the temple once a week with Melanie. We've had to find just the right time to go when it isn't super busy (who knew?!) She hates this picture, but it's the only documentation I have right now so many apologies! I love being able to go to the temple so often and it is even nicer to have someone to go with, especially those days you'd rather not make the effort.
This is killing me. Seriously when did he get this old looking. The other day I caught a girl checking him out when I picked him up from school. Not cool, Missy! (although I think it's kind of cute:) )
Josh and Kelly came from Arizona and stopped our way on their visit to CA. We had a mini Oram family get together with some of the cousins. I don't think all of them would fit in a picture! Of course we ended up at Round Table with the clan and they all had a great time.
Kate and Addison had a Jog-a-Thon at school and had the greatest time. Here is their class all ready to go. Seriously, I cannot say enough about their TK teacher. She is amazing! The girls adore her and have learned a lot already.
Emma loves when I drive on field trips. We went to Empire Mine in Grass Valley. Although the field trip was not the most exciting (I didn't even like these kind when I was her age), I am always glad when I can be there. We found out after this picture we shouldn't have been in this area...oops.
So is this the third picture of me and Melanie? It is, but we spend a lot of time together:) We went to Time Out for Women in Reno. When I say we went to TOFW, I mean we went the first night and then skipped the next day and went to the movies. Hopefully I don't offend any of the Time Out lovers, but man this one was too much like a book tour. We did have wonderful discussions on the drive all around about the Gospel, so our own two person version was much more uplifting!
Some highlights from our family excursion to watch Bailey in a cross country meet.
I let the kids take pictures of everything.
Twirling twins
She loves to pose
Me, not so much, but have to show I was there.
Bailey had a great season. He won the award for Most Improved, shaving almost two minutes off his average pace.
In other achievement news, Bailey is advancing in Scouts very quickly. He earned the rank of Tenderfoot and after Church today has another Board of Review to advance again.
At MMCA, the students have to dress in a costume that goes along with Cultural Day. First graders are American Icons, and 4th graders have to be a person from California history (and who they do a report on). Nathan was adamant that he was going to be the "Grand 'ol Flag" (his exact words). Emma chose Nancy Reagan. Luckily she had the hair for it and we found a cute business suit at EcoThrift.
Nathan in his Halloween night costume.
Princess Kate. I'm wondering how many more years she will be dressing as a princess because I think this is year three.
Bailey as one of the Dr.s from Dr. Who. Don't ask me anything about it because I don't know or understand, but he loves this show.
The little ballerina
My dad did Emma's makeup this year (for the reason see the next post!) It turned out awesome and she got so many compliments.
She was super scary.
Ready to go trick or treating!
They came back with a ton of candy. I convinced them to sell it to an orthodontist who pays $1/pound. They saved a small bag each and then got $14!
Bailey used his portion of the money to buy a machete. I guess I thought this was a good idea? I was the one shopping with him. Ben was a little shocked I let Bailey buy it, but so far so good.
Nathan has come so far in school and is really improving. He is also quite the ladies man. I help in his class every Monday and was informed by one of the girls in his class that two girls have crushes on him. He eats this stuff up and isn't shy about it. I guess who can resist that dimple.
Last week, the twins got their report cards for the first part of the year. Krispy Kreme gives out one doughnut for every A or equivalent so we headed there with the Cadle twins.
These four love to play (thanks to the forced friendship Melanie and I made for them!). Nothing is funnier than to listen to two sets of twins talk and interact. I don't think it is the same as just four five year olds.
This last Saturday, we participated in our Stake's Turkey Trot. There was a 2 mile, 5K and 10K option. The twins, Nathan and I did 2 miles. Nathan finished way ahead of us, taking off in the beginning at top speed. He is having trouble walking today since he has never run that long at a time before. I am super proud of all our kids who have decided that they like to run.
My friend took this picture of Addison and I crossing the finish line.
Emma did the 5K option but I don't have a picture. Bailey was going to do the 10K but had a Scout service project that morning he decided to do instead.
And now, since this post is super long, I will end it and move on to catching up with the rest of the pictures!
My friend took this picture of Addison and I crossing the finish line.
Emma did the 5K option but I don't have a picture. Bailey was going to do the 10K but had a Scout service project that morning he decided to do instead.
And now, since this post is super long, I will end it and move on to catching up with the rest of the pictures!






































No comments:
Post a Comment