Friday, August 2, 2013

12 is the Magic Number

Turning 12 is a super big deal in our family. Probably in a lot of LDS families it is a big deal as well.

 I was sure to document everything I could. This is Bailey on the way to meet with the Bishop for his 12 year old interview. We are super proud of him for completing his Faith in God requirements. He took it very seriously, as Bailey always does:)

One of my favorite pictures of him recently. I don't know what exactly happens to them at 12, but I have always noticed it with the boys and girls in our wards through the years. It's like graduating from Primary they all of a sudden has this mini transformation. Bailey has been a lot more outgoing and his serious I have to be an adultness all the time (although still there!) gets replaced here and there with pre pubescent goofiness.

 We had Bailey's family party after I got back from Girl's Camp. Nana put cash in a tissue box and it was a big hit.

 The weekend before Bailey turned 12 he had his friend party. Ben took Bailey and his friends to a paintball arena and they had a blast. Bailey said it was his best birthday ever. Mission accomplished:)
Boys and guns-a great way to turn 12.

12 means moving up in Boy Scouts. He was able to go to Scout Camp (and comes home today or tomorrow!!) He learned to pack everything up and be prepared.
I didn't take his picture when I actually dropped him off. The hug was all he could take:)

His first day passing the sacrament. And he had a youth fireside the same night. I almost wouldn't have sent him since I am not used to listening to the announcements for the Young Men. Guess I better shift my thinking! 
The other boys in the Deacon's Quorum were so awesome with Bailey showing him what to do that Sunday. Bailey sat down with a sigh of relief when he was done. 

We are really proud of Bailey and all he has done to prepare himself to receive the Aaronic priesthood. He is faithful in reading his scriptures daily, saying his prayers and trying really hard to do what is right.

No comments: