Wednesday, July 10, 2013

She's HOT!!

I don't often come blog an event right after it happens, especially if I don't have pictures. However this might be one of my favorites...

To preface:
Bailey turns 12 next week, but our ward has already gone to Scout Camp. We got permission for him to go with another ward. To help him get used to the ward/leaders, we started last week sending him to their youth activities. Today was a lake trip.  I assumed it was a Scout lake trip...but when I got there saw that NOPE, it is a combined Young Men/Young WOMEN trip. Oh my goodness, my little boy is now old enough for combined activities with girls. In bathing suits.

So, of course what is a mom to do except call her mother in law, mother to five boys. Of course, calling my husband and squealing oh my goodness while he is at work probably isn't the best use of his time:) (But now he gets to read this blog!) While I am laughing/almost crying that Bailey is actually old enough to go to the lake and ride on boats and jet skis (and I mentioned the girls, right?!), Nathan was listening. I hung up the phone and this is what happened...

Nathan: Mom, is Bailey going to the lake with hot girls? (I never used this phrase in the phone conversation)
Me: Hot girls?!
Nathan: You know, the cute ones. I think I saw one at least that was. She had on a bathing suit...giggle giggle...

Looks like I need to worry more about Nathan's first co-ed lake outing than Bailey's. Sigh.

1 comment:

oneHeidifamily said...

Oh my gosh, that is awesome!! I am so glad you shared this...I was laughing as I was reading it!! :)