Friday, August 3, 2012

Countdown is on

Only a few more weeks left until school starts! I am prepping for our camping trip to New Brighton beach and the kids cannot stop asking when we are leaving. They love camping and they love the ocean. I almost wish we lived near one because that is where we would be all day every day during the summer.

 We've been getting the plants put in the front yard. They are a collection of plants accumulated over the years by Ben. Eventually everything should fill in so they whole area is plants. We are slowly adding to our collection

I finally found my deck chairs! I need to paint them, but I got the best deal on the Lincoln Yard sale Facebook page. They rock and everything!

 While we were outside planting all these plants, apparently there was some beauty school lessons going on. I walked in and found this on the kitchen floor.
And this on the couch....guess being naughty tired them out. 

Although they were probably really tired from our across the street neighbor's party we went to that afternoon. They throw the best parties, and this one included a large water slide. Although the evening ended with Bailey puking on their grass from too much sun/waterslide/treats/soda/hamburger... I had to rake it out of their grass. It was disgusting but I'm sure will have some humor later.


 Rewind just a bit to when Bailey earned his Arrow of Light for Cub Scouts. His leader made him this carving to hang in his room, which made up for the fact that the entire ceremony that is supposed to happen...didn't. But we are moving on to Boy Scouts now and Bailey is so excited.
Nathan even came in Bailey's scout shirt he used to wear when Ben was Scoutmaster. Our boys love scouts as much as their dad does.

Meanwhile, in the middle of all of this, I finally was able to start getting rid of this

 Our carpet is pretty bad thanks to who knows what, but only 9 months of the ick is ours out of the last 10 years. Even though we aren't planning on replacing the flooring now, I stripped the house of most of the carpet (especially in the dining room!)
 This small section took a long time to do.
 But once I got the hang of it went much faster.

 No more carpet!
Although now my house echos and the dog is so confused....


No comments: