May 5th. Happy Cinco de Mayo and Graduation day to me!
I finished school in December but they only do one graduation ceremony each year. I'm glad I ended up participating and that everyone could come celebrate with us. I was reminded that I'm not in school anymore (big yay!)
After Graduation celebration lunch at Spaghetti Factory.
Saturday, May 12th
Family Hike in Auburn
This was actually supposed to be an Elder's Quorum activity for Church. But since no one showed up except us and the Lundgren's it became a family hike:)
Kate was terrified of this bridge, as you can see in the picture. She kept asking me to make sure she didn't fall into the water with the alligators. I have no idea where she gets this ;)
Emma started the morning by complaining in the car on the way there that she did not want to spend her Saturday hiking. But as soon as she got there we didn't hear another peep out of her and she loved it. She loved it enough to even make sure she had a good model pose at our rest stop.
The twins had some trouble, but not as much as we thought they would. They walked a big chunk of the time (4 miles round trip). Thank goodness for snacks and lots of water with them!
Our little Energizer bunny loved it.
Bailey had a great time as well, especially since it is helping him earn his Arrow of Light
Such a cute hiker
We stopped and rested at this little shaded waterfall area. And we came home with NO poison oak!
Yes, I know we are cute too
Addison was TIRED
And forlorn...but what else is new with her?!
I was breaking in my new hiking boots in preparation for sly park next week and girl's camp in July. Normally I always wear my barefoot shoes so this was an adjustment for me.
We took turns carrying the twins as backpacks some of the time when they needed a break.
Bailey kept in front the entire time. He always likes to feel like he is the fastest...maybe he was that day!
Mother's Day Tea at Emma's school.
This is a Red Room tradition. It was actually the 30th annual this year. Now I have another hat to add to my collection from Bailey. I still don't know what I will do with two hats at the same time with the twins?!
Playing Hot Cross Buns on the Recorder as our entertainment. Emma had a speaking part as well. What is funny is I think it was the exact same line Bailey had when he did this in 2nd grade.
Ben did some legal work for a florist, so guess what I got two of the Friday before Mother's Day?
This was the best way to get flowers. They didn't cost anything and they are beautiful.
This is Emma's card from Mother's Day. It was one of many but the only one I took pictures of. She made one Sunday morning as well for me from "ENKA" There was a "B" but she crossed it off when Bailey wouldn't contribute to the drawing on the card.
When the kids came home from Church they had a paper where they had written things about me. A common theme in all of them and the other Mother's Day cards was that I am a good cook:) I guess even though there are many a nights at least one refuses to eat my food, I'm glad the general consensus is that I'm not bad at cooking!
Other randomness:
Everyone loves to play with my Kindle. Well I do too so I can't blame them.
We went to a business' open house because they were giving away free lunch. I assumed it would be just BBQ hotdogs, but they had a guy also making street tacos on the grill. Emma even ate them!
Kate loves to pretend to read.
Addison has been consistently falling asleep every day at some point. And here I thought they were done with naps.
Open House at the kid's school. Emma was showing her siblings her grammar job.























No comments:
Post a Comment