Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Behind the Scenes

This was our kitchen table this morning for breakfast. I made everyone oatmeal and hot chocolate. Breakfast is usually crazier than this so I wanted to preserve the moment:) They are doing a "Cheers."
Notice how Bailey is picking at his oatmeal. Well, he doesn't really like oatmeal at all. I can't blame him, I didn't like it much at his age. He however doesn't complain, he just picks and eats and then moves on with his life. I was surprised everyone else ate it because usually we have more opinions than The View on what I put in front of them at the table. 

Emma, posing for the picture. I love how she has this sitting on a front porch/talk show host pose.

And as usual, Kate is the last one at the table. I tried to sneak this picture but she heard the camera and made me retake it with her bow on.



Here is a fun little thing I have found that is the perfect snack. I acquired hundreds of little brown paper bags about five years ago from freecycle. I have used them here and there but have never run out. Now, I have the best use for them!
Snack size bags of popcorn. I bought kernels in bulk and just throw some in the bag and microwave it. Perfect size for the kid's lunches (or in this case snack on a minimum day). I did this in the morning to send with Bailey and Emma to school. 


Nathan came out and asked if we were staying home today before getting dressed. I told him yes and he was so excited because that meant he could wear his "short pants." DO NOT call them shorts he gets very upset. This is his sumo wrestling pose, I guess.

I soon noticed he was wearing his shirt from Saturday that had not yet been washed so I made him change, which of course meant he wanted another picture (this is beginning to sound like If You Give a Mouse a Cookie...)


Because if you take a picture of one child, you have to take a picture of them all...


1 comment:

Cadle Clan said...

Hilarious! I got to try the popcorn idea. Can you add butter or just plain?