Today I had my last IEP (Individualized Education Plan) meeting for Bailey. He has officially tested out of Special Education services. He met every benchmark well before projected in the plan, and so we all agreed he would now be done.
The above picture is his. He drew it to illustrate one of his poems.
This
reminds me
of Mount Everest
Skiing up, climbing up
All of it is hard to do
So don't climb Mount Everest
Typical Bailey humor! I am a little teary just thinking about how hard he really has worked and how "easy" at times he has made it to have a child with special needs. We are very proud of him!

2 comments:
Way to go, Bailey!! Honestly, I thought that the picture he drew represented his struggles while being on an IEP and the things he learned along the way!
I love Bailey's poem! Too funny. Too cute.
Post a Comment