This was on the desk of one of the teachers I substituted for. This particular class, I had to keep using some of it. Then, I realized that this might end up like the goldfish story and she would notice. I don't think it worked very well, because I was beat by the end of the day. Substitute teaching has been quite the experience. Some days are better than others. There are some classes I teach that make me excited to become a teacher, and some--well, I want to run the other way. But, overall I actually enjoy the work. It's a little crazy to learn a lesson and how to teach it in fifteen minutes (or five the one day I arrived a bit late to 24 Kinders). I think I must be doing an OK job because things go rather well. I don't usually like to be just a high paid babysitter. Some days, like when I have to sub for AP Biology or Graphic design, that is what I end up being. Ben had to do my science homework in college, so I doubt I could teach AP science anything.
One of the best parts of going to a Montessori school is that the expectation for homework for the lower grades is very minimal. Kate and Addison love sitting down to do it, but for some reason it never makes it into the class. I have found it in between the seats of the car, under my bed (?!), in the mudroom, NEXT to the folder that was also supposed to be turned in....
Some weeks, if I am honest, they don't do it at all because aint nobody got time for that.
This year was Emma's last Primary Program. Somehow she convinced me that meant wearing makeup. I don't know, maybe it does. She hasn't had any on since though.
The younger three have quite a few more years of singing ahead of them.
At MMCA, NKA were able to do an after school self-defense class.
Beating up Mr. Baldonade was probably their favorite part.
Addison's teeth practically jump out the second they get loose. She loves the tooth fairy (who is trying to become more punctual).
Nathan still has a love-hate relationship with Eliana. He hates that he loves her. But they are most of all great friends. She apparently has made it known that she thinks he is cute and has a "crush" on him, which he secretly loves.
No comments:
Post a Comment