Friday, December 18, 2015

What must be done now

I double checked and on the blog, I'm still at the beginning of the school year. A few months behind isn't so bad, but I know I have so many things to add. This post will just have to be out of order because it's way too precious. I don't even like the word precious (can't explain why), but I'm getting past that to describe something that is, well... just precious.

This is how I found Nathan, Kate and Addison this morning. He was brushing their hair. I don't know how this came to be, or why it was but it was happening. Now, as I type this they are all fighting over Eggo waffles in the kitchen- BUT the relationship these three have is so cute.

A few days ago, Nathan ran up to me, so excited that there was a last minute field trip that Thursday. I watched his little heart break when I told him I did have the day off, but it was to see the twins class play and be there for their birthday celebration. Both of the girls almost immediately told me it was OK if I missed their events to be with Nathan.  

The post of their play will come later. I was able to watch an earlier school performance since I would miss the parent one, but the girls didn't know that when they offered. 

I have no idea why he was brushing their hair, but I have a feeling it was because they have a hard time getting out their own tangles. Who better to lend a hand than your big brother? After all, he needs to know how to do girl hair at some point. Ben never had sisters to practice on, so he always had to wing it. 

Now, back to my regularly scheduled day!

No comments: