Sunday, July 22, 2012

Adults Gone Wild

This last weekend has been planned out for a few months. We were going to send the kids off to grandparent's house and spend Friday night at the State Fair (so I could finally get my VITAMIX at a somewhat discounted price)
 Isn't this beautiful? It does all sorts of crazy things and it was going to be mine! :)

Saturday we were doing a hike with our gym to Hidden Falls. Then, we were asked to go out to dinner with some friends that evening. I was really looking forward to this weekend even more after the week we had.
 The Sunday prior to our weekend of fun the water heater leaked all over the garage, which means a new one had to be put in. I'm forgoing writing down the horrible mess the insurance company made for us, but let's just say that by Friday morning we realized this was going to be a fun fight.

Friday afternoon I still dropped the kids off but returned the State Fair tickets (thanks to Costco's awesome return policy). We opted to make our way to our second home...




We bought a water heater and the parts and Ben was up bright and early Saturday getting started.

He not only had to fix the water heater situation, but the plumber who had come out left the top pipes unscrewed just enough so that it leaked all week and ruined the sheet rock under the water heater. 

 I think this little torch we had to be might also make it's way into my kitchen so I can make some creme brulee!
And about 10 hours later, he was done! Considering he saved us over 600 dollars, it was time well spent. And now he learned how to install a water heater. 

Now, I couldn't be much help with his project, so I had to find something to do. My husband was kind enough to let me rip up something that has been bothering me for a LONG time..


Who thinks carpet in a bathroom is a good idea? Probably the same idiots who put it in a dining room.


I actually had fun doing this, especially since I loathe this carpet.


This is before I pried up all the tack strips.  

We have now decided that once the rainy months come and we can't work in the yard, this area will be getting tile. Until then, it is concrete and I couldn't be happier.

With all of this going on, we missed the hike and dinner but I had a shower in my own house this morning so I'll take it!


No comments: