So this post will be filled in with some of my favorite Pinterest comedy/motherhood finds. I volunteered at the kid's school today and ran into one of the teachers who told me how much she enjoys reading my facebook statuses. Immediately I thought that she must not get out much but really she enjoys them because her six children are all grown. She gets a good chuckle (even if it is a haha that isn't me anymore). I told her about my blog and that I have it printed regularly so the kids (and I) can enjoy reading about the craziness of our lives. I realized that I have been having the blog printed for three years now!
Also, today facebook is filled with the whole political drama over the woman saying stay at home moms don't work, etc...and then the responses. Comments like that don't really make me mad. I just kind of laugh because obviously the person has no idea what they are talking about.
I LOVE this find above. It's so true. My kids (well the three younger ones) have this thing where they yell "Moooooooommmmmm, Come he-eeeeeerrrrrrr!!" Now, this can mean many things depending on what room of the house the phrase comes from. It can mean "I pooped, come wipe me," or "My blanket fell off while I was watching t.v. and I have no idea how to bend and pick it up and cover myself exactly the way I like," or it can even mean "_________(fill in the blank with sibling name here) is biting, kicking, screaming, bleeding, dying...." I can usually decipher which meaning is intended but I admit sometimes they do throw some curve balls.
I think I understand why every mother complains about this. If you really think about it, from the time you start potty training an audience of sorts is always present for their time on the toilet. As a mom, you must be there to make sure that they position correctly, wipe completely, etc... So why wouldn't they think it is perfectly OK to follow you to the bathroom? I mean, maybe you need help reaching the toilet seat or something?! :)
So lately, we have had BIG problems with the twins cleaning up their room. Two nights in a row and two nights with early bedtime because they won't do it. Time to start coming up with a new game plan because this one isn't working. Maybe there is an app for that...
Haha.... so true :)






1 comment:
Those humorous comments are definitely thought-provoking. I liked them...and I always get a kick out of your statuses too!!! Thanks for your great sense of humor!! :)
Post a Comment