Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Insert Egg Joke Title Here

So, for the last ten years we have never dyed eggs for Easter. Well, I think we might have done it once when Bailey was little. There have been many years where I have actually bought the kit and everything...and then it just doesn't happen. It never happens for many reasons: 1. We aren't big hard boiled egg eaters and I hate to waste eggs. 2. We aren't big hard boiled egg eaters and I am always unsure about cooking them correctly 3. Some things just don't happen...

This year, we were determined to finally do it. Well, I probably could have cared less but Ben was a little more insistent. It's hard to give up omitting something from a holiday because there is no turning back. Thankfully, Pinterest provided me with an excellent and easy way to cook the eggs. We only cooked 12 to cut down on wasting eggs. I also was given a Pinterest tip on how to dye them without much mess.


Getting the dye ready!
Then we did had them line up by age and everyone rotated through doing two eggs and then putting stickers on them.





Even Bailey did not feel too old to do this. The kids were so excited and had the greatest time. They kept asking if we could do this again next year? Darnit... It's in stone now:)

The finished products


The next morning the kids woke up to small Easter baskets (another thing that is very sporadic in our house each year). It was as if it were Christmas:)

 Kate was not so happy about being woken up. I was surprised the candy didn't help.

We hid the eggs they had made around the house. And when I say "we" I mean Ben who did it while I was still sleeping.

Kate eventually decided to be happy.


Our talk after candy digging and egg hunting led to the Resurrection and what Easter really means. Emma asked what our bodies will look like when we are resurrected. One of the examples we gave her is that Ben's hair will all be there and he will not be bald. Bailey's response: Well, then you will probably just shave it off, right?
Emma answering the question what Easter candy has to do with the Resurrection: Because candy is sweet and so is Jesus! (um, no...real answer is nothing. But who doesn't love candy?)

 We even all matched for Easter. Hopefully not another tradition as it was random I already had ties for the boys. But the kids had a ton of fun and it really wasn't that bad to do Easter activities...so...Here's to next year!


No comments: