What is better than this picture?
I am feeling a bit sappy today, and a bit ecstatic and a bit reflective. I think some day the kids will read this blog book and laugh about emotional old mom.
The above picture was taken on my phone at MMCA while we were waiting
for Emma's art walk for school to begin. I love being able to go to the
kid's school and my little ones feel comfortable and know where
everything is. They have grown up here and it will make the Kindergarten
transition so much easier for them.
The art walk was crazy-basically Kate and Addison crawled around on the gym floor pretending to be puppies, with Nathan bouncing around like Tigger. Then Kate fell and hit her lip, busting it open so it spewed blood everywhere (OK, not really but she did get a bloody lip!). The thing is, that no one there cares too much and wasn't disturbed. It was pretty loud and informal anyway. There has been a lot of info going around Lincoln about how the school district here is going to have to lay off teachers and have more budget cuts, etc... I am so grateful that my kids are in a school that because it is a charter are not affected to the same degree as so many others. This is all I have ever known, but how awesome is it that there are two teachers in every class and loads of parent volunteers around.
Earlier today, the twins and I cleaned their room to make room for these belated birthday presents from Grandma and Boppa. Nathan played outside with his friend Rayce (of course!) while we cleaned. I'm having a lot of fun with the twins at this age, even though they are super crazy sometimes. Every time they do something grown up I am reminded of how I am moving into that next stage of life with the kids. There are lots of things we have wanted to do "once the twins were old enough" and now we are getting closer.
To top things off, Emma was upset tonight she couldn't help with dishes because she had homework. She too can be a handful, but if that is what she hates missing out on, then I think we got a pretty good trade. She is also been super sister, really making us glad that we put her in a room with the twins.
And on a super happy note- I was measured at the gym today. 4 1/2 inches just off my waist in one month! This is with working out, eating better, but not going crazy at either. I'm glad to have found a good balance that lets me still eat like a normal human being and not live at the gym:)





No comments:
Post a Comment