But it is the end of the world...
Bailey got sent home a behavior report (commence gasping for air and jaw dropping). I wish I had a picture of that sad little face as he got into the car yesterday. This incident had happened before lunch, but he was still very upset at the end of the day. According to Bailey, it really wasn't fair because silent period was only supposed to be 30 minutes and they were having it ALL day (insert exaggeration here). He needed to ask Prasad a question about a project they were working on and he whispered. So, of course mom, he said that report is incorrect. They should have written "whispering during silent period" (said through fighting tears). Well, neither is allowed, so we used this opportunity to condition his brain to understand that there are alternatives to doing things in order to not break the rules. This is only the 2nd time ever Bailey has ever broken a rule at school in five years, so the punishment ended with signing the form and sending it back in:)

2 comments:
I taught him better than that. He should objected as the report misstates the evidence, assumes facts not yet in evidence, and lacks a foundation that there every was a silent period to begin with. Well, at least he had a good defense, whispering is NOT the same as talking!
Oh, the poor kid!! I do admire him though, as he is such a GOOD kid!! I wish some of my clients were wanting to be good as much as he does! But alas, no.... :(
But on the other hand, I do hope that he remembers that it is OK to make mistakes!!
Post a Comment